I take a MacBook with a wd my cloud ex2 ultra with 8T. I have watched your video #2 on Plex setup and adding media (couldn't find the #1 video)

My issue is when I get to "browse for media folders" I am taken to my Plex Hard disk where I have no media and so far. I tin not figure out how to redirect to media on my laptop and/or stand alone Hd.

You could choose your computer as a source for your videos, but this would be an unreliable solution. I would recommend copying those files from a computer to a NAS. If yous had a Plex server on a estimator then y'all could link the source to the WD NAS since it would be accessible all the fourth dimension dissimilar the reckoner would.

You need to consummate few steps:

  1. Upload your videos to the server
  2. Index new videos on a Plex

At that place are two ways to copy videos to your NAS Plex server. Via Browser or Maped drive.

To do it via browser get to os5.mycloud.com

Go to the public folder and click Add together FILES.

Another option is to map the bulldoze and copy via File Explorer.

Become to MY COMPUTER and click Map Network Drive icon on the meridian bar.

You tin then find your NAS in a dropdown listing. Or type in IP address manually.

You lot can then Copy and Paste your videos to your NAS Plex server.

The 2d step is to Alphabetize those video files. Or if there is no source selected in the first place yous would demand to exercise that first.

Go to MY COMPUTER and select Network places. You should be able to see your EX NAS at that place.

Correct-click and Properties and you will come across a link to your NAS Admin panel. Click that.

Log in.

Click on APPS tab and choose Plex Media Server. Then click Configure.

On a left-hand side click PLUS icon- Add together library.

Cull Films and click NEXT.

And so Browse for Media folder

Get to Public / Folder where you copied videos earlier.

It should offset indexing videos at present. Or you can click on three dots and initiate indexing manually.

I hope this helps.